Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday's Truth's

I don't have too much to share with you today other than the fact that I am soooo stinkin t i r e d.

I went to bed early-ish for me (like around 11:30?) and I got up at a decent time but ever since I've been crashing.........

[Ugh...even now, it's all I can do not to go curl up in my bed...]

-----

I stayed in bed for 2 hours this morning while I finished my latest obsession, the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. I have to say, the book bored me a little at the beginning and I was sincerely starting to doubt the Good Reads recommendation but around 1/2 way through, it took a drastic turn and I finished it crying, totally into it and quickly grabbing the second (thank God that I decided to pick it up at Marshall's the other day or I'd be a seriously unhappy camper today!).

Side note: Sorry. Was that like the longest sentence you ever read or what?!

Seriously so in love with trilogies or longer series. I turn my nose up at single book reads anymore. I guess I'm kind of a non-commitment phobe.

After Insurgent (the second book in my current series obsession), I'll be picking up the 10th installment of the House of Night series. It came out last week and I'm totally psyched to read it. I've missed the HON clan!

-----

If anyone cares, I'm also reading a great non-fiction book called The Good Wife's Guide by Darlene Schacht.

-----

Went grocery shopping this afternoon and I love having healthy snacks back in the house. It is so. MUCH. easier. to stay on track with healthy snacks in the house.

-----

I've already made friends with the box of Reduced Fat Cheez-Its.

-----

Great...I just had the thought that Cheez-Its sounds just like Cheese Zits and now I am feeling slightly nauseous.

-----

Gaaaahross. 

-----

I went away with my girlfriends from high school this weekend and definitely ate like I was on vacation. Didn't go way overboard but it was enough that for the past two days, I have been starving! I'm back on track with my healthy eating etc but I would love to have even just one more bite of that cheese steak and fries I had at Happy Days on Saturday.

-----

That thought also makes me want to confront every single person who can eat whatever they want without gaining a pound and punch them in the head.

-----

I'm doing pretty well with my whole weekly anger management challenge so far! Though today, my oldest son, Nick, is really testing that. I haven't yelled but I have growled deeply under my breath. Does that still count?

-----

Did anyone else notice that I said "want...to punch them in the head" and "weekly anger management challenge" not even one full sentence later? lol

-----

This is the first time in a few years that I feel like I'm in a really good place. There isn't any real family drama to speak of and overall things are pretty peaceful. It feels awesome to not go to bed with a knot in my stomach every night. I'm praying that feeling sticks around for a while...

-----

You have no idea how good it feels to write the above statement and how I never thought that I'd get to this point in recent years. I sincerely thank God for helping me get through the nuttiness that has been our life's drama and I'm praying for continued peace. 

-----

Noah said, "Yes, Ma'am" to me today. I felt like a character on Little House on the Prairie. As much as I loved his politeness, I also didn't love his politeness. Ma'am makes me sound so old! I seriously debated on getting out the soap to wash his mouth out. Kidding. 

-----
 
Or am I?

------

Okay so that's it...the real truth of Tuesday is that life is a little boring round here at the moment. And also picture free today. Sorry. I'm starving and really must go make dinner now. 

We're having taco's!

But you already knew that.

;)


No comments:

Post a Comment