Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pretty Pumpkin

I wasn't planning on buying any real pumpkins this year but after reading this post from Alyssa and seeing her beautifully decorated pumpkins, I decided to bite the bullet and make a trip to our local farmer's market.

I only bought 1 for me and 3 for the kids (1 for each).

I'm not going hog wild with decorating our exterior like I have in years past so no $50 in pumpkins for us this year.

(Yes, I really did spend that one year. On pumpkins.

And that was just for the ones gracing our front porch!)

Since this is our first year having finished bedrooms (well, almost finished anyway), I decided to decorate them for the season as well as the rest of the house.

Our bedroom is a little more chic, if you will, so I didn't want to cheapen it with anything over the top harvest-y kitsch. 

Therefore, the pumpkin I chose was white and I found an idea on Pinterest that I thought I'd try to do my own version of.

A pretty puff-painted pumpkin.

Alright, so puff-paint isn't exactly chic but the 3 dimensional effect it has on pumpkins is a look that I find super pretty and definitely a bit more upscale.

I chose colors that I thought would jive well with the color scheme in our room.

I would have loved the blue to be a bit deeper for a richer effect but this was all they had and so I went with that rather than searching further.

The gold adds a little glitz and the swirl design adds a little glamor.

The pedestal gives it a little something extra as well...

All in all, I love how it turned out. And this project was so super easy.

Now the kids are begging to use the puff paint on their already decorated pumpkins.

It seems we're a trendy bunch.

;)


No comments:

Post a Comment