Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hi

Oh my goodness, is it ever stagnant in here?

Sheesh.

The doors to this here blog of mine haven't been opened up and aired out in a while.

Sorry about that.

With homeschooling 2 of my kiddos, trying to get my house back in order after our summer long kids room project, decorating for fall, desperately trying to keep up with my daily chores and getting my health and fitness on, I've been kinda busy...

to say the least.

Most of my blogging lately has been done over at www.peachesandprayers.tumblr.com, otherwise known as my motivational habitat. That is where I have been documenting my daily journey about finally losing this blasted weight.

So far, I'm down 11 pounds since September 16th!

Yay!

I didn't feel like Tumblr was a particularly healthy place for a personal blog but for a weight loss blog, it's genius.

So much motivation and support and it's been really great being over there so far.

Feel free to follow along if you're interested!

As far as this blog goes, I do have things to share.

Every day, it seems I have something worth blogging about but time just hasn't allowed for it.

I used to blog in the evenings or whenever I had a break during the day but since beginning school this year, once the kiddos are in bed, I've taken to lying on the couch with my husband and watching TV or retiring to my bedroom for the evening with a good book.

[I just finished The Wolves of Mercy Falls series (Shiver, Linger and Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater if you're interested - check it out!]

Blogging often seems like too much work and at the end of the day, I'm just ready to blank out for a bit.

I do think it's important to document life. In a world where life is constantly go go go, it's nice to sit down and go over the many blessings of the day.  

Anais Nin once said, "We write to taste life twice".

I love that quote.

So, with that being said, I am really going to try to make more of an effort to take a few moments of my day and blog about what is going on here.

I, personally, love reading other blogs. They often help inspire, motivate, challenge or otherwise engage me and teach me something that I didn't already know.

I won't pretend to think that is what you'll find here because often we're just regular ol peeps having regular ol days but maybe at some point somewhere in my writings, you'll get a smidge of something you haven't gotten before.

Or maybe this will just be for me. I'm okay with that too.

This is all just to say...hi...I know it's been a while. I'm still here. We are still living life. This year is busier than we've ever been. Exciting things are happening...we just don't have much time to document it these days.

I do plan on finding more time to write though...starting with today...

Laundry is going...sink has been cleared...beds have been made...more laundry has been put away...kids have been dressed...fed...teeth and hair has been brushed etc etc etc.

School is about to start up again and on the day goes...

Hoping this rain lets up at some point this week b/c I'm looking forward to taking the kiddos out for school pictures.

Be on the lookout for those in the coming week or two.

I've got props and I know how to use 'em.

:)

Gotta get back to work here so...have a wonderful day, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment