Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday's Truth's


  • My fingernails are scary. They are all different lengths and my polish is virtually non-existent except for a few fingers with small hints of the polish I used um...3 weeks ago or so? (I spared you a photo of this - although it IS the month of Halloween so something that scary might actually be appropriate?) 

  • My sister walked in my house today and said, "nice outfit"...I asked her why she mentioned it and she said, "because the last 3 times I've seen you, you've been wearing that same outfit." Nice. Truth is, I am actually wearing a different black top this time but the point was duly noted. Quit it with the black, jeans and leopard print combo already.

  •  My four-year-old is almost exclusively a dog now. As I am typing this, he is sitting at our school table coloring his picture with his paw (this is when his fingers are folded in towards his palm to form a "paw"). A few little yaps have escaped his weird little mouth. Weird but still fiercely adorable. 
 
  •  We are having hotdogs and mac 'n cheese for dinner. Neither vegetables nor fruit are anywhere in sight. Oh and we're eating it on paper plates. Mother-of-the-year what WHAT?!

  • Ya know that weird little dog I was telling you about earlier? Well, today I caught a bunch of girls fawning all over him.


He does have that effect on women.

  •  I made cupcakes for a ladies meeting at our church last night. Got there only to find out that they decided to bag it since they didn't have a very good turnout. I was left with the cupcakes.

So...today I was forced to eat one. 

It was worth every.single.calorie.

  • I have a serious spray paint addiction. My furniture should be scared. Very scared. 


  • My seven-year-old typically dresses himself like the entire channel of ESPN. He is currently wearing a football jersey, baseball socks and basketball shoes. Oh and his brother 3-years-his-junior's shorts. (sighhhhh) Someday, I will be giving Stacey and Clinton a call. Mark my words. 
 
 
  •  My foyer has looked like this for the past 3 weeks. Ya know the saying "turn the other cheek"? Yup...right away from the mess. Current State? Denial. 

  • Yeah........menu planning is a great idea..........in theory.
 


  •  My children are neither allowed to play in my room nor are they allowed to play with my Kindle Fire without asking. Eh hem....caught red handed. Camera doesn't lie folks. They do look comfortable in all their naughtiness though.


  • I didn't dust this tray before I put this stuff on it. It needs it. Crud-dy.


  •  I really thought I had the laundry under control. Stop laughing. Seriously stop. Okay, I never have the laundry under control.

  • It's been well over a month since our floors have been finished. Which is exactly the same period of time I haven't swept under my bed. And I wonder why I've been sneezing at night. Darn dust bunnies. I should throw a party for them.
 

  • Sometimes I'm too lazy to remove the price tags on things. This item cost 25 cents. Big Bucks Jenny likes to keep it classy. 
  • I said that I wasn't going to buy mums or pumpkins this year. 
 I lied. 



  •  I have come to realize that forgetting things has become quite the full-time job of mine so in order to stop looking like a complete flake, I've decided to start documenting our weekly important events. I really hope this helps. I'm kinda tired of hearing myself say "I'm so sorry" for the umpteenth time.


  • Remember how I said (on Facebook) that I wasn't at all in the mood to decorate for fall this year? Yeah...well, that ship sorta sailed. I've been decorating for the last 2 weeks straight. If I was running for presidency my campaign slogan would read "Leave No Corner Left Undecorated".

  •  Dead leaves are the new mulch. 


Mmmmmm...pretty. 

  • Drawing on our chalkboard takes me back to 7th grade English with Mrs. Detweiler. I have a slight chalkboard obsession and it's all thanks to her. She wrote on the board like a dream.  She was also the most polished (though slightly nerdy) person I have ever met. I don't think I ever saw one single solitary hair out of place. She was sheer perfection

Happy Fall to you, Mrs. D (wherever you may be)!

  • And finally, today I bought a chair. At Liberty Thrift Store. I was driving down Main Street in Spring City when I spotted it out of the corner of my eye.  It was love at first sight. She is in beautiful condition. Could hardly be more perfect. EXCEPT for the color. Now there's work involved. Boooo. I need fabric, paint and a few deep breaths. This part doesn't make me so happy. Hmph. 
 By the way, the chair is also exceptionally comfortable
 
And it was $15.
 
It's okay to be jealous. 
 
;)


So, that's it...Tuesday's Truth's.

It may be an ugly life but it's our life.

Errrrr...um...yeah. 

;) 




1 comment: