Thursday, August 23, 2012

Research for a Furniture Remod



Source: bit.ly via elva on Pinterest


Of course, I can never leave well enough alone. 

As if there isn't enough to do with our kiddos room remodel, I've got to throw in a furniture re-mod as well.

Oh joy.

My husband and I currently use a beautiful Ikea clothing armoire to store our clothes. It's a pine color with great glass doors. I've had it since my single days and it's held up unbelievably well....

But all good things must come to an end...

It's time to once again return her to her some-time owners, the smallest members of our family (it's been passed around a bit, if you can't tell).

When you own a smaller home, space saving is key. Since our 3 kiddos will be sharing a room and their beds will take up a good portion of the space, dressers were not an option.

Our beloved armoire is just what this interior designer wannabe ordered.

BUT...of course...I couldn't possibly leave it it's original color, could I?

Oh, heck no.

So, I'm thinking a soft yellow...to go along with our gray/white/yellow with black and white accent "theme".

And I found some really good step by step instructions to do the job.

http://www.thepurplepea.net/2009/05/how-to-make-repainting-your-ikea.html

So...what do ya think?

Have you guys ever refinished a piece of Ikea furniture? How did you do it?

I'm a little nervous about it and might be possibly kinda sorta procrastinating quite a bit on getting it started...not gonna lie...

If you have any good tips, I'd love for you to share them with me...since I know nothing, anything helps!






No comments:

Post a Comment